Status of Loose Ends
- Call and re-defer student loan
- Check in with Case Manager (This is an ongoing process!)
- Get chicken food and shavings
- Clean out chicken coop
- Deal with house plants
- Harvest last Aerogarden <sigh>
- Deliver items to various people (bag to L, soakers to J, diaper cover to SS)
- Freeze up a handful of dinners for dh/ds
- Start refrigerator bread dough for dh/ds
- Get a few items of clothing (more underpants, a couple of t-shirts, pajamas)
I am plugging away at it. I have cleared off my art desk as staging for all the stuff I need organize and pack. Unfortunately, that kind of pushed me over the anxiety edge yesterday morning. I had to abandon the task to self-regulate. I guess I will have to do it in small doses.
Oh…there is a packing list…Here’s my progress with that. I am only counting it as packed if it is on the table, some things I have, but just aren’t there yet. And the grey-ed out things don’t apply/I’m not taking.
- Insurance card(s)
- Current Photo Identification
- Plastic hangers
- Phone card/Calling card
- Alarm Clock
- A clear, plastic water bottle – one that does not have any color to it
- Quarters for the laundry machines ($1.00/wash, $1.00/dry)
- Laundry detergent in original container(s)
- Mesh/Cloth Laundry Bags
- All prescribed medications in their original bottles (medical and psychotropic)
- Non-alcoholic based mouthwash
- Shaving Razors (no more than 6)
- Painters tape to hang pictures
- Wrist watch
- Toiletries (And then the following is my breakdown)
- Dove soap
- Panty liners
- Dental Floss
- Shaving Cream
- Hair ties
- An extra blanket or comforter (Linens and towels are provided)
- Casual clothes, including a sweater/jacket
- Umbrella/rain gear
- Money (No more than $20)
- Books, puzzles, games with appropriate content (Kindle!)
- Pens, pencils, notebook and/or journal
- Yarn and Plastic needles for knitting or crocheting
Certain things will be confiscated as soon as I get there (they search your bags) like the razors, my pencil sharpener and my knitting scissors. You aren’t allowed to keep sharps with you. They are locked up and you have to ask to use them.
I also just sent off three pictures to CVS to have printed just in case I forget what dh, ds and the dogs look like.
Soooo…I am putting on a good face with all of this (except in the AT’s office), but I am just scared to death and the last thing I want to do is leave my home and family for a month. Even just writing that sentence made tears come to my eyes. I hate this.
Okay…enough of that! Crying won’t get me anywhere when I have tasky stuff to do.