I feel like a failure.
I am not going to make it to yoga this morning. Saturday morning yoga is my favorite part of my weekly routine and the class has my favorite instructor. And I am not going to make it because I spent 45 minutes trying to will myself out of bed to shower, get dressed, eat breakfast and be ready to go….And I couldn’t do it. And now, it is too late to get my shit together and go to yoga.
What is wrong with me? Why can’t I shake this depression? It is not helping me at all right now…Although I don’t think depression ever actually helps. But really, it is impeding my recovery process. I suppose it is a good sign that I still care, because when it gets to a point that I stop caring about recovery, then I will know the depression is out of control.
I didn’t struggle with the PTSD episodes last night. Last evening, I went grocery shopping with a peer. I didn’t have a good time. Last time I went out with this peer, I didn’t have a good time. I think I will stop doing things like that with her. She just is always distracted, texting, doing her own thing. I mean, that’s all fine, but if you are going to do something with someone, it would be nice to actually spend time together, iykwim.
We were out through dinner time, a tactical error for me. She didn’t care because she isn’t eating right now. I cared. By the time I got home, it was over two hours after I usually eat. I was fascinated by the fact that I wasn’t actually hungry. (When you mess up your body with an eating disorder, you mess up your body’s ability to cue you about hunger.) I did eat. I made myself some quick mac n cheese and had tomatoes dipped in salad dressing. I am guessing my friend went home and ate nothing.
After that, I video chatted with dh for a while.
I don’t know if it was the being with people, or chatting with dh, or change of routine, but the Friday night PTSD torture did not happen and I am sooo relieved.
But now, here I am, in the depression hole. I have self-harm urges, passive suicidal ideation, emotional pain and no energy for initiation of anything. I haven’t even gotten out of bed to pee. And…now, I am going to miss yoga. F.A.I.L.U.R.E.
I have spent some time this morning, as I have been trying to will myself out of bed, asking myself why I feel so depressed, why I feel like self-harming, why I feel suicidal ideation. What purpose is this serving me right now? I can’t come up with much. The last two days of programming this week were kind of tough. Yesterday, I did that me-in-the-group check in. I also checked in about the use of eating disorder behaviors I have had this week. That was hard…and didn’t really make me feel better. We had a really hard discussion in our sexuality group on Thurs about trauma effects on sex and masturbation. I shared something I had written about it on my trauma timeline, which was really hard to do. (And despite my shame about what I had written…I had several peers thank me both during and after group for my candor and putting words to a hard topic and opening it up for people to talk about it. Because as ashamed and embarrassed as I felt, I was in a roomful of people who had the same experiences and felt the same way.) Sharing that probably pushed me farther into trauma stuff than I should have gone.
I don’t know…I feel scrambled as I am blogging…and there is so much more that I want to say, but I feel like I am not making much sense and this post is going to get too long if I say it all. Wait…this is a time for bullet points.
- I am still reeling from my therapist saying I probably need to be here another 8ish weeks.
- I am concerned about our finances and how we will afford to keep me here that long.
- My anxiety therapist did the Y BOCS II with me yesterday (an OCD assessment) and I scored really high…I am still trying to process what that means for me.
- I think my PNP is worried about my depression.
- I am supposed to go meet with peers at Starbucks this morning and I don’t want to go
- I have started to lose my boundaries with the peer that I wanted to keep distance from because our relationship is unhealthy.
- I am furious at my friend who is not eating. I am trying really hard to be compassionate, but why does she get to not eat? And why does she smirk and look pleased every time someone asks her about it/confronts her about it/or clinicians talk about it? And is she just trying to kill herself? Is it attention getting behavior? And when she restricts at our group meals, why aren’t they following their protocol about it? WTF. Everything about it makes me mad. Which probably means I need to just ignore it so it doesn’t interfere with my process.
- My PNP really wants me to do something “sweet,” as in finding something I enjoy for self-care and lifting my mood some. I don’t feel like I enjoy anything. How can I find something “sweet”?
Okay…now I know I am rambling. I am going to drag myself out of bed and take a shower, take my meds, get dressed, eat breakfast and try not to crawl back into bed.
Actually, I think I can hear water running which means the woman I live with is showering. It gives me an excuse to just stay in bed for a while longer.